It's the simple things in life
As another year expires and another begins its journey, it's the simple things in life that we should appreciate. The rest, well it will come and go and although it will leave an imprint, it won't last deeply and spiritually.
Here's to the simple things:
- A New Years Eve surrounded by the people that matter to you most in the world and a countdown that is really a count forward of hope and what faith does with it.
- A walk in the cold winter snow talking about real things with someone who listens because they care about what you have to say and from where those words come.
- Cooking, laughing, hugging and catching the eye of someone across the room who has already caught yours.
- Reuniting with family and friends who may be spread across the map but when you are together it's as if you were never apart.
- Welcoming a new member of the family - a baby, a significant other, a friend who would otherwise be alone for the holidays and suddenly feels as if they matter and belong because that is the way everyone should feel.
- Memories of those who are no longer here in this life, on this earth but they are somewhere, a place we haven't yet been and from that place, they join us, they smile, they surround us and we remember never to forget them.
- Travel to a place far away as a family knowing that as your children grow and go their ways, this vacation, this time together as a family, the family you created is invaluable and precious.
In celebrating your family and friends, your time together all in one place, your words, your heart, your soul, you celebrate life. Because you can and because nothing else really matters.
It's that simple.